1. I'm now writing on behalf of theclassmates to invite you to come and attend it, if
you can spare the time.
2. I sincerely invite you to watch theshow because…
3. You can reach me through my phone number4476655 at your convenience.
假定你是李华。你班同学决定为小明举办生日聚会。请你写信邀请外教 Susan 参
1. 时间：周五晚8 点至 9 点
We're throwing a surprise party forXiaoming’s birthday.
As scheduled, all the classmates in ourclass will gather at the Students' Centre at 8
pm this Friday evening to celebrateXiaoming's birthday. We would feel much
honored if you could come and enjoy it,which is to finish at 9, lasting an hour.
As the party starts, we will light thecandles and sing "Happy Birthday" for him. Then
the birthday cake will be presented andcut for all of us to enjoy, following which
we'll sing songs and play some smallgames. What's more, as a surprise, we'll all
prepare some secret birthday gifts forhim, and it'll be great to see how surprised he
will be seeing the gifts. As it's asurprise party, he will know nothing about it
beforehand, and we do hope that you couldmanage to attend it.
Looking forward to your coming.
1. I am writing to ask for moreinformation about it.
2. There are some pieces of informationthat I'd like to share with you.
3. The most significant thing you shouldkeep in mind is that…
ENJOY A RELAXING STUDY BREAK
IN BEAUTIFUL LANCASTER
LANGUAGE CENTRE AND COLLEGE OF ARTS
UNIVERSITY OF LANCASTER
Languages * English * French * Spanish
Arts * Politics * Sociology * History
3wk, 6wk and 12wk courses
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am a student in China and I plan to goto Britain to attend a summer school during
the vacation. I've seen your ad, and I'dlike to know something more about your
six-week English courses.
First, when will the course start and howmany Class hours are there per week?
Besides, I wish there would not be toomany students in a class. I'd also like to know
how much I have to pay for the course andwhether accommodation is included.
Would there be host family or universitydormitory?
I am looking forward to your early reply.
1. I would be very grateful if you could…
2. I would appreciate it if you couldoffer me a hand.
3. Thanks for your kind consideration andI look forward to receiving your earliest
4. If you need further information, do letme know.
假定你是李华。请你给笔友 Peter 写封信，告诉他你叔叔李明将去他所在城市
到达：8 月 6 日上午 11：30
How are you doing？I'm writing to tell you that my uncle LiMing is going tohave a
meeting in your city. Do you remember theChinese painting I promised you last year?
My uncle will bring it to you soon. I hopeyou will like it.
I wonder if you could do me a favor. Thisis the first time that my uncle visits the US,
so I hope you can meet him at the airport.He arrives at 11 ：30 a.m on August 6th
and his flight number is CA 985. I wouldappreciate it if you could take him to his
hotel. My uncle is tall. He will be wearingdark glasses and a blue jacket.
Looking forward to your reply.
1. I sincerely hope that my applicationcould be favorably considered.
2. The ad is really very appealing to me,so I'm now writing to you in the hope of
filling in the job vacancy.
3. I really want to obtain this preciousopportunity because…
假定你是李华，从互联网 (the Internet) 上得知一个国际中学生组织将在新加坡
Dear Sir or Madam
The other day I happened to read youradvertisement on the Internet, saying that
you are holding a summer camp aimed atstudents from around the world, and I'm
interested to participate in it.
I'm Li Hua, a middle school student inChina. As a teenager, I'm interested in making
friends with kids of my age from aroundthe world. Your camp will provide a good
chance for me to know a lot about othercountries and tell them something about
China. What's more, I can improve myEnglish, communicating with people from
I do hope that I can be lucky enough to beadmitted to your camp.
Looking forward to your reply.
1. Almost perfect as it is, it should makemore improvement in some area.
2. And I've found that my problem lieschiefly in two aspects. For one thing, … For
another thing, …
我发现我的问题主要在于两个方面。一方面，…... 另一方面， …...
3. I believe that, with the joint effortsof both teachers and students, our school will
become a more enjoyable place in the nearfuture.
假定你是李华，你所喜爱的 Global Mirror 周报正值创刊五周年之际征集读者意
Congratulations on the 5th anniversary ofGlobal Mirror！
I’m a regular reader of your newspaper. Ilike it very much mainly for the following
two reasons. First, it covers bothnational and international news so that, by simply
turning the pages, I can learn allimportant things that have happened during the
week. Equally attractive are the successstories of world-famous people, which help
me understand how a person can work hardto make the world a better place.
As a young student, I suggest that GlobalMirror carry articles to guide us in our
English learning, and I hope that it willbecome even more popular.